Grayshift is excited to be a platinum sponsor for next week’s TechnoSecurity Myrtle Beach 2021. Arguably one of the premier digital forensic events in North America, this conference is something we look forward to every year – especially given that it’s been over a year since we’ve attended in-person. This year we are excited to be there to see many of our customers and meet with forensic examiners and investigators working in law enforcement. We’ll be showcasing the strength of our GrayKey solution for access and extraction of critical evidence on iOS and Android devices. Come by or listen to our sessions to discover why agencies rely on GrayKey to accelerate their investigations.
Grayshift has an incredible presence planned for TechnoSecurity Myrtle Beach this year. Be sure to check us at the following:
- Grayshift booth # 100
- Joint reception with Magnet Forensics – You don’t want to miss the fun activity. Stop by either the Grayshift or Magnet Forensics booth for details about this event. Space is limited!
- Grayshift customer dinner – If you’re a Grayshift customer and planning to attend this conference, please let us know! Space permitting, we would love to have you join us.
- Three Law-Enforcement only Grayshift sessions on Monday and Tuesday featuring our own David Smalley and Josh Carder. Following are details on each session.
Monday, June 07, 2021
LE ONLY: Using GrayKey in Digital Forensics Examinations
9:30 AM – 10:20 AM
Speakers: David Smalley, Senior Digital Forensics Manager, Grayshift; Josh Carder, Digital Forensics Manager, Grayshift
Mobile devices provide a wealth of digital evidence. They can indicate where devices have been, what they’ve done, who they’ve communicated with, when and why. Keeping up with technology is currently a challenge and will remain a challenge for years to come. iOS and Android platforms are constantly being updated on a regular basis, which makes accessing locked and encrypted devices difficult. Staying ahead on the latest applications and artifacts that come from both Android and iOS will be essential. Learn from Grayshift subject matter experts as they provide an overview of GrayKey and how it is used to expedite your investigations for faster case resolution.
Tuesday, June 08, 2021
LE ONLY: Scale Up with Automation, Orchestration and GrayKey
10:35 AM – 11:20 AM
Speakers:Trey Amick, Manager, Forensic Consultants, Magnet Forensics; David Smalley, Senior Digital Forensics Manager, Grayshift; Kim Bradley, Forensics Consultant, Magnet Forensics
Only The complexity of digital investigations and the volume of data is increasing, as budget constraints and talent shortages force you to get more done with what you have. It’s becoming impossible for your lab to keep up. You need an enhanced approach to digital investigations so that you can better serve your agency, without increasing headcount or drastic investments in new forensic equipment. By utilizing an automated and repeatable forensic workflow that minimizes machine downtime and maximizes efficiency, you can reduce the overall cost of digital investigations. Join us as we discuss the challenges experienced by digital forensic units and learn how Magnet AUTOMATE can help you scale up and complete more investigations faster. During our session, we will explore:
- Modern digital investigation challenges
- How Magnet AUTOMATE can help you unlock capacity and improve service to your agency by getting evidence into the hands of your investigators faster
- Live demo of the new Watch Folders workflow with GrayKey extractions
Tuesday, June 08, 2021
LE ONLY: Mobile Forensics: Taking the Logic Out of Traditional Logical Collections
1:30 PM – 2:20 PM
Speaker: David Smalley, Senior Digital Forensics Manager, Grayshift
Traditional collection methods are limited, creating backlog and potentially jeopardizing access to time-sensitive data. This session will demonstrate modern approaches to digital forensics that enable you to achieve same day results (often within hours) and extract more data from locked and encrypted mobile devices. We will also explore same-day AFU (After First Unlock) extractions and how they compare to traditional logical acquisitions. Attendees will learn how to:
- Achieve same day results through proper handling of electronic evidence.
- Extract encrypted and inaccessible data from mobile devices.
- Solve more crimes in less time while maintaining complete chain of custody
© 2021. Grayshift, LLC. All rights reserved. Proprietary and confidential.